How to assemble a bride's bouquet with your own hands
To create a bouquet, you need to have on hand scissors, pruning shears (garden shears), floral tape (tape), twine and ribbon for decoration.
You will also need a vase filled with water - the finished bouquet will stand there before it is used at the celebration. A set for making bouquets can be bought at a florist shop
Bouquet of white callas
Snow-white callas very effectively complement the bride's image. They look great both on their own and in combination with other flowers - roses, snowdrops, lilies of the valley, orchids
It is only important to maintain the harmony of shades
- For our bouquet we will use callas and lilies of the valley. The number of flowers depends on your desire, but it is better not to make such bouquets too bulky, limiting yourself to 6-7 flowers.
A bouquet of lilies of the valley and callas will look very gentle
This bouquet is ideal for a wedding in late spring - this is the period when lilies of the valley bloom
You should be careful with lilies of the valley - their smell can cause dizziness
Another disadvantage of lilies of the valley is that they wither quickly
Other options for wedding bouquets with calla lilies.
A bouquet of callas can be diluted with other spring flowers - daffodils
Autumn bouquet with sunflowers
To put together such a colorful bouquet, any bright flowers in yellow and red tones will do. But it is the large sunflower flowers that give the bouquet the zest.
Red roses are appropriate in a wedding bouquet if it is made in autumn style
- This bouquet uses dahlias, roses, sunflowers and chrysanthemums, but you can choose your favorite fall flowers. Twigs with berries, ears of wheat, eucalyptus leaves or other greenery will add color accents and dilute the composition at your request.
Asters are also perfect for an autumn bouquet with sunflowers
Twigs with berries will be an excellent addition to a bouquet in autumn colors
Try not to pinch fragile stems with string.
The autumn bouquet smells breathtakingly of late flowers and berries
Other options for bouquets with sunflowers.
A sunflower will also be an excellent basis for a bouquet in summer colors
For a summer wedding bouquet you will also need daisies and chrysanthemums
Luxurious bouquet of peonies and chrysanthemums
This bouquet is ideal for a bride in a modest, not fluffy dress. It includes two bright chrysanthemum flowers, two peonies, a ranunculus (buttercup) flower, a few sprigs of sweet pea, fern leaves, and a few flowering branches of dogwood or orchid.
A huge bouquet of summer flowers will not go well with a fluffy dress in the style of a Disney princess.
- Dogwood or orchid branches will form the basis of the bouquet. We leave their stems longer than the stems of other flowers.
Dogwood or orchid branches are a kind of frame for our bouquet
Fern leaves will add freshness and exoticism to the bouquet.
Flowers for such a luxurious bouquet will have to be trimmed, but the fire will stay fresh for a long time
The long version of this bouquet looks luxurious
The short version of the bouquet looks a little simpler, but it is easier to place on the wedding table
Snow-white bouquet of roses and peonies
To create this bouquet we will need white flowers: roses, peonies and tulips, as well as greenery - eucalyptus, ruscus, etc.
- First of all, we get rid of thorns, leaves and broken flowers.
Rose thorns must be removed so that they do not injure the bride or tear her dress.
Peonies have only one drawback - these magnificent flowers quickly crumble.
Flower stems must be trimmed with pruning shears
This bouquet is perfect for both a lush and modest dress.
Unusual bouquet with succulents
To create a bouquet you will need pink peonies, white and pink ranunculus, pink and white tulips, white roses, anemones, succulents and some gray-green leaves. You can add your own flowers in pink and white colors.
This bouquet seems a little eclectic, but very stylish.
- Remove all leaves and thorns from the flowers. Preparing succulents: wrap them with thin wire from the center to the base. This will help fix them in the bouquet in the desired position.
Succulents will help preserve the freshness of the bouquet for a long time
Succulents that retain moisture require an artificial frame to maintain their shape.
Tulips are perfect as a basis for such a bouquet.
Gradually add other flowers to the base
It is better to choose a ribbon for a bouquet to match the color of the stems
It is better to cut the stems immediately below the tape
The bouquet is short but voluminous
A lush bouquet will be an unusual addition to the bride’s image.
Assembling a wedding bouquet yourself is not only easy, but also very exciting. Imagine and experiment with different colors, and your bridal bouquet will be original and unlike all others.
Styles: from Provence to minimalism
Styles of wedding bouquets can be found in pure form or in combinations.
Rustic (another name is eco)
A bridal bouquet, decorated in a rustic style, of free form, made of natural ingredients and fresh flowers, branches, pine cones. The most popular component of an eco-bouquet - chamomile - in Russia symbolizes love and fidelity.
Boho chic or bohemian chic
It is characterized by brightness, fantasy, and a bold choice of colors. Roses are rare in a boho style wedding bouquet, but you can see sunflowers, succulents, and protea.
Simple and aristocratic style. A bridal bouquet in Provence style is asymmetry.
Muted colors are used: beige, soft green, white and especially lilac or purple - the colors of Provencal lavender fields. Lavender sprigs are used in the compositions.
This style is characterized by the use of unusual, catchy flowers: orchids, anthuriums, alstroemerias, reminiscent of the tropics and exotic countries. They contrast with the simple, rough loft interior and are slightly disheveled.
In Tiffany style
The idea is taken from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. The bouquet gives the impression of luxury and wealth. It is built on the contrast of turquoise, blue or mint and white shades; the use of different colors is allowed.
This bouquet can be called glamorous retro. Subtle but chic light pink, cream, beige and nude, with exquisite additions in the form of lace, pearls and vintage jewelry.
The Dior style echoes the Gatsby style.
It is usually round in shape, pastel colors, and can be composed of roses, peonies, hydrangeas, diluted with gypsophila sprigs.
Meadow flowers are used. It is advisable that it matches the overall theme of the wedding. The holiday should be homely, simple, cozy. Flowers are decorated with chintz, linen, and twine.
This is a carefully thought out bouquet of watercolor flowers, airy and delicate, small. It is reminiscent of impressionist paintings. An option for aesthetes.
In autumn style
Warm, rich colors, slight carelessness of design, as if it had been slightly disheveled by the wind.
The composition includes ears of corn, physalis, maple leaves, and rowan berries.
Usually harmonizes with the decoration of the celebration. The flowers for the bouquet follow the shades of the sea; the inclusion of eryngium will be interesting - it grows on the coast. Decor – buttons with anchors, shells, striped fabric.
It can look like a classic round bouquet or an extravagant wand. It must strictly correspond to the figure and outfit of the bride: the ancient Greeks attached special importance to harmony. It is good to include myrtle, olive, eucalyptus and ivy.
In the style of minimalism
For a minimalist bouquet, take a small number of flowers - or just one. The color scheme is the same. Nothing extra.
Cardboard bouquet holder
If we are talking about a wedding bouquet, then it is decorated with decorative ribbons, beads, and rhinestones. An indispensable tool for this work is a glue gun. In addition to glue, you will need a sharp knife or wire cutters, scissors, cardboard, pencil, polystyrene foam or floral foam.
The easiest way is to make a porta bouquet holder from cardboard with your own hands.
- Take thick cardboard. This could be a box of household appliances.
- Cut out a circle with a diameter of 20-25 cm. Cut a smaller circle inside. The result will be a donut-like base.
- Cut strips of decorative fabric (organza, felt or any other) or use a wide ribbon.
- Apply the fabric over the donut, making small folds towards the center to create a beautiful drape.
- Use an awl to poke holes in the inside of the donut.
- Thread the floral wire through the hole and twist it into a rope to form a handle.
- Glue an oasis or piece of foam in the center. You will insert flowers into it.
As a result, you should get the basis for the bouquet - portbuktenitsa. To improve its appearance, artificial leaves, corrugated paper or other decorations are glued to the reverse side.
For the handle, you can use a cardboard tube left over from paper towels, since it is more reliable. Or you can roll a cardboard cylinder with your own hands. The hole must be sealed, and the handle itself can be decorated with lace or braid.
Such a bouquet is considered very fashionable in wedding floristry. Glamelia is a very beautiful flower, created by his hands; professionals have a slightly concave shape inward, and the base is a wire frame. This composition first appeared more than 100 years ago in the composition. Its Great Britain is made from the petals of gladiolus and camellia, which is why the name was given accordingly.
Most often, glamelia is created from the petals of roses or gladioli; this requires 15-20 plants. This is a rather exclusive and expensive bouquet. Sometimes the petals are treated with a special compound before assembly to obtain a “dew effect”.
How to make it yourself
Before starting work, you will need to decide on the colors. Flowers should match the wedding dress, harmonize or contrast with it, but not get lost against the background of the fabric.
The oasis must be removed from the holder and placed in a container of water. The sponge was well soaked if it sank. There is no need to press on the sponge; it will get wet on its own.
When composing a bouquet you need to adhere to the following rules:
- smooth is combined with fluffy (both in greenery and flowers);
- Before fixation, plants are cut with sharp pruning shears at an angle;
- light greens are shaded by dark ones, for example, dark broom and May-like light shepherd's purse are successfully combined;
- to fill the porta bouquet, easily accessible flowers are usually taken - roses, ornithogalum, peonies, carnations, hydrangeas, chrysanthemums and other plants.
Small but very valuable tips on using a porta bouquet
1. After you receive the bouquet, hold it strictly by the handle: do not shake it, do not turn it upside down, do not throw it into the car. Do not forget that this is just a decorative floral design - it will not tolerate rough handling.
2. Upon arrival at the banquet hall, it is better not to place the bouquet on the table, but to put it down. A stable vase with a wide neck or a regular empty jar is perfect for this.
3. Throwing a porta bouquet to your girlfriends is highly undesirable: if it flies past without reaching anyone, this floral design may crumble on the floor, and in the worst case, on someone’s head.
4. And, finally: if some flower does fall out of the bouquet, try putting it back, but not in the previous hole, but somewhere next to it.
This type of bouquet is considered the most common for brides. It appeared at the beginning of the 19th century and has enjoyed constant popularity since the century.
small This is a composition with rounded shapes and a closed bouquet. the outline is tightly wrapped in film or wrapping paper, and the flowers are placed in rings arranged in one another. Such a bouquet retains its freshness because a floral sponge is often placed in its middle for a long time, but there are also bouquets arranged using only flower stems. This variation is convenient and convenient: it is practical to hold, the weight of the structure is light, and there is no fear that the bouquet will fall apart. The bouquet suits brides of different heights and will harmoniously complement both long and short outfits.
Advantages and disadvantages of fresh flowers
Modern brides often use artificial elements to compose a wedding bouquet, be it fabric, corrugated paper, ribbons, jewelry, beads, plastic imitations, soft toys, etc. However, fresh flowers still occupy a leading position when choosing elements of a bridal bouquet, this is facilitated by their the following advantages:
- look natural and relaxed; no material can accurately convey such an effect;
- are a classic option that supports old traditions;
- they emit a pleasant aroma that will help the bride feel confident throughout the wedding celebration;
- it doesn’t take much time to make a bouquet;
- emphasize the fragility and femininity of the bride;
- some flowers can be purchased at a low price from gardeners or even grown independently on your own plot;
- fit into the overall decoration of the wedding if flower bouquets are used in it.
Despite the positive qualities, fresh flowers also have disadvantages that must also be taken into account before choosing elements:
- Allergy sufferers will not be able to be near a bouquet of flowers that emit a strong aroma;
- natural plants fade quickly, so the girl who catches the bouquet at the end of the celebration will very soon have to throw it away;
- For some plants, too high or low temperatures are detrimental, as a result of which they may wither before the end of the wedding.
Thus, before choosing a living wedding bouquet, analyze all its pros and cons. Not only the bride, but all the guests should feel comfortable, otherwise the bright celebration will be spoiled by negative notes. If no one present at the wedding has any problems with the natural aroma of flowers, you can safely choose a living composition to suit your taste. All other nuances associated with preserving the freshness of plants can be easily eliminated using modern materials and technologies.
The most common way to decorate the stem of a wedding bouquet is with ribbons. Simple, stylish, modern
Pay attention to the color of the ribbons. You can choose solid colors that match the bouquet, wedding dress (be very precise with the shade), or contrasting colors
An interesting option is ribbons of several shades, alternating on the leg.
Experiment with the width of the ribbons and the pattern on them
Pay special attention to the fabrics from which they are made. Organza, for example, being a translucent fabric, can create interesting effects
Don't be afraid to combine ribbons from different fabrics. The main condition is that the ribbons must match the fabric of the wedding dress, insists the wedding portal Svadebka.ws. To add splendor to the bouquet (if you can’t afford many flowers), intertwine the ribbons on the stem of the bouquet with improvised bows.
How to make the base of a bouquet yourself: step-by-step instructions
To create an unusual spherical bouquet, you don’t need to turn to specialists. The base can be created from simple scrap materials and polystyrene foam with your own hands, following the detailed instructions.
What you will need for the base of the bouquet:
- cardboard tube from under food foil or film;
- regular foam;
- PVA glue;
- toilet paper;
- cotton threads;
- bank erasers (stationery);
- glue gun
To make a ball with a diameter of approximately 18-20 cm, you will need 5-6 squares of polystyrene foam 5-6 cm thick in a square shape. How to do:
- Make a hole for the handle: attach the cardboard tube to the foam and trace it with a pencil. Using a knife, cut out a recess according to the design. When exactly half of the tube fits into it, do the same steps on another foam plastic.
- Glue all the parts of the foam, covering the entire surface of the joined parts with glue. Pieces with a prepared hole should be located at the bottom of the composition. Secure the resulting square with rubber bands and leave until the glue dries. To make the base, it is undesirable to use “moment” glue, as it corrodes the foam. The best option is PVA glue.
- Using a sharp small knife, cut off pieces of foam to form a circle out of the square.
- Roll the ball on the table to remove any unevenness.
- Shorten the cardboard reel to 14-16 cm. Coat the part that will be hidden in the ball with hot glue and insert it into the spherical base.
- Wrap the ball randomly with threads. Dilute glue with water in a ratio of 1*1. Dip pieces of toilet paper into the solution and stick to the ball, completely covering its surface. Leave until dry.
The basis for the wedding bouquet is ready! Then you can decorate it with fresh or artificial flowers, and wrap the handle with a ribbon of a suitable color.
Photo of a hand-made bridal bouquet
Bridal bouquet of gerberas and chrysanthemums
Wedding bouquet of orchids
The wedding can be magnificent or modest, in a classic or original style, but always with flowers. The bride's bouquet is the most important flower arrangement, which emphasizes the tenderness and charm of the girl. You can arrange it yourself and make a bouquet to your liking.
To see everything clearly, watch the video of a DIY wedding bouquet:
How to handle a bouquet?
Many brides complain that the bouquet loses its presentable appearance within a couple of hours after the start of the wedding day. This really happens, since flowers feel best at a temperature of about plus ten degrees, and at higher temperatures they deteriorate quite quickly. However, there are some rules that can extend the life of the bouquet.
- Flowers must be kept strictly vertical; do not place them on horizontal surfaces, but place them in a vase or give them to witnesses if necessary to free their hands.
- Flowers should not be placed on hot surfaces, pressed to the chest or covered with a veil.
- At high temperatures, flowers with porta bouquet need to be refreshed: add water or use a sprayer.
- Flowers with stems should be held in your hands as little as possible. Whenever possible, the bouquet should be immersed in cool water, while trimming the stems.
Compliance with these rules will allow you to keep the plants in their original form throughout the day.
In order to create the perfect bouquet, it is worth considering many factors: the specifics of the wedding and the place where it will take place, the “seasonality of flowers,” the wedding budget and the bride’s free time, which she is willing to spend on making a flower arrangement. In addition, it is worth remembering that the bouquet is usually matched to the groom’s boutonniere and bridesmaids’ bouquets, as well as to the decorations of the hall.
If a person does not understand color combinations, does not know how and does not want to work with flowers on his own, then it would be best to contact a specialized flower salon, where the bride will create a professional bouquet for a relatively low fee. Nowadays, prices for wedding bouquets are flexible, so anyone can purchase flowers in the salon, regardless of the size of the wedding budget.
Signs of luck for the groom
The groom worries before the wedding no less than the bride, because he also wants to create a friendly family. Show your chosen one the wedding signs for the groom, perhaps he will take note of something.
What should the groom do before the wedding:
- A man should buy a classic black suit. He promises a young family a sea of love.
- You need to match your suit with a tie. If the choice falls on a butterfly, in the future there may be infidelity on the part of the future husband.
- It is the groom who should purchase wedding rings.
Folk wedding signs affected the groom the least. Therefore, it will not be so difficult for him to comply with them.
Signs on the wedding day for the groom:
- In order for life to be prosperous, the groom needs to put a coin in his shoes. Just like the bride, the coin should be carefully stored after the wedding.
- On the day of the celebration, you need to put a small image of the saint in your pocket, which will protect you from the evil eye.
- When leaving the bride's house, the groom cannot turn around, even if he is called.
- After the wedding banquet, the newly-minted husband must carry his beloved into the house in his arms.
The portal svadebka.ws advises not to completely rely on signs. Marital happiness is only in your hands. After all, even weddings in a leap year become the beginning of happy and long family relationships, despite the wedding signs for the bride and groom. The best “sign” for a marital relationship will always be mutual understanding and support for each other.
- 9 photos
Making a bouquet in a porta bouquet holder yourself
You will need:
- Floral sponge or foam
- Double tape
- Copper wire
- Handle tape
- Scissors, preferably garden shears
- Decorative cord and pins
- Glue gun
First you need to buy a ready-made portaquet holder. A sponge is pulled out of it and immersed in water. When it sinks, it will mean it is full and ready for use. The leg is filled with some material to prevent water leakage. Then the oasis is fixed. The bouquet stem is decorated using available materials and a glue gun.
After this, you can move on to decorating the flowers. And here it all depends on your creative capabilities. Don't forget that the flowers need to be cut at an angle. This extends their lifespan. Do not get carried away with greenery so that it does not overshadow the buds. The bouquet can be decorated with sparkles, and to add shine in general, use varnish. The entire composition should resonate with the main style of the event.
Beliefs about marriage for New Year and Christmas
Everyone knows: to get married next year, you need to write the corresponding wish on a piece of paper, burn it, throw the ashes into a glass of champagne and have time to drink it while the chimes are striking. In addition, there are several lesser-known New Year's signs about marriage:
- The girl who accidentally cut her finger on Christmas or New Year will soon receive a marriage proposal.
- In order to “attract” her future husband to herself, a girl who wants to get married should buy a beautiful outfit for the New Year in the color of the symbol of the next year.
- The hostess should seat the arriving guests at the festive table as quickly as possible - then she herself will get married very quickly.
- On New Year's Day, a young lady dreaming of marriage should not eat while standing. You need to do this only while sitting at the table.
- If the previous year was unsuccessful in terms of love, you should burn last year's calendar. Then the coming year will be more successful.
- If a girl already has a gentleman who does not dare to propose, then all she needs to do is tie a thread around the legs of the New Year’s table. Soon after this she will become his legal wife.
Bridal bouquet of roses - master class
To make such a composition, take:
Using a knife, you need to clear the stems of leaves and thorns. Cut them so that they are equal in length to the handle of the portaquet holder.
Place double-sided tape on the handle of the bouquet and attach the stems here. Place the next row of stems on the table and secure them in this position with ordinary tape.
Cover the top of the bouquet with double-sided tape and glue the roses here, placing the next row in a checkerboard pattern.
Now place the prepared stems on the “leg” of this device and glue them here with tape.
Wrap the resulting leg with a wide satin ribbon and tie a bow.
Dip a floral sponge, called an oasis, into water to saturate the element. Now you can insert the sponge into the hole prepared for it and cover it with a plastic semicircle on top.
Cut the buds, leaving a 5 cm long stem on each. Stick them into the oasis, starting from the middle.
When there are enough roses, stick gypsophila into the sponge.
This is what a beautiful bride's bouquet, created with your own hands, can turn out to be.
Ranunculus look like little roses, so these flowers go together wonderfully. See how to make this type of bridal bouquet.
For now we will only need the blossomed ranunculus buds. They need to be placed in water so that they are saturated with it.
Do not throw away the stems, string them on a wire.
Take a eucalyptus branch, attach a rhododendron and a whole ranunculus flower to it. Attach three roses to this base. Then add the rest of the flowers. Wrap the stems with tape, and attach a decorative ribbon on top of it and secure its ends with pins.
You will get a wonderful bouquet for the bride from roses and other flowers.
Speaking about how to make a bouquet for the bride from peonies, it should be noted that there are varieties of roses similar to these flowers. Look how harmonious the next bridal bouquet looks.
DIY bridal bouquet of peonies
It is suitable for a summer wedding, because that is when these flowers bloom.
They have a wide variety of colors, so you can choose exactly those that will dominate your holiday. If you are having a Scarlet Sails style wedding, then red peonies will suit you.
You can include only them in the composition or complement them with other colors.
To make such a composition, you need to insert a foam rubber sponge moistened with water into the open porta bouquet, and decorate the outside of the upper part of this device with leaves. They are glued with double-sided tape. Decorate the bouquet's handle by wrapping it with ribbon. You can sew beads and rhinestones here.
If you need a delicate bouquet for the bride, then choose peonies in pink and white tones. Roses of the same color will go well with them.
If the bride wants not only her dress, but also her bouquet to be made in white tones, then, in addition to light peonies, use astilbes and callas.
Wrap the flower stems with tape and satin ribbon. For a spring wedding, you can make a bridal bouquet of peonies, made in white and lilac tones and complemented with greenery.
For this bridal bouquet use:
Purple lilac goes wonderfully with white peonies; such a bouquet is very advantageous.
You can leave it like this or add a few succulent leaves.
This is what a bridal bouquet of peonies could look like. If you like spring flowers, then we suggest using the following.
The bouquet should be fresh, from hardy fresh cut flowers. After all, he will accompany the bride from the registry office to a photo shoot, a ride around the city, to a restaurant. Therefore, you need to approach the choice of colors from a practical point of view. You need reliable, durable, seasonal flowers, ordered in advance from a flower company. There should be no strong aromas, dirty stamens, or bulky stems.
It’s also important to try to collect a bouquet in advance and see how it sits for a day or two. This way you will practice and be able to make adjustments to your order in a timely manner.
For a wedding in a rustic style (in the lap of village fields), wild and garden flowers of bright colors will be relevant. A classic wedding is bouquets of roses, tulips, peonies with due modesty in color. A wedding in glamor style involves an abundance of floral arrangements of luxurious rare varieties, cascading bouquets.
In florist shops you can pre-order flowers for a bouquet. The country of delivery and storage conditions are important. The lifespan of flowers can be extended by using chemical ingredients in watering liquids.
It is important to pay attention to the country of delivery (the closer the better), storage conditions (refrigerator at recommended temperature), freshness of leaves and petals
Master class on creating a bouquet without a bouquet holder
If you prefer a wedding arrangement without a porta bouquet, make it yourself
To correctly compose a bouquet, it is important to take into account their symbolism. For a wedding event you can use both fresh and artificial flowers.
They must dynamically fit into the style. If the flowers are natural, it is important to maintain their original fresh appearance longer. Let's consider the sequence of creating a flower arrangement for the newlywed.
- white hydrangeas with long stems – 7 pcs.;
- white chrysanthemums with long stems – 3 pcs.:
- 1 pack of floral wire;
- 1 package of fabric tape - its color must match the wire;
- 1 package of twine of the same color;
- office buttons;
Stages of creation
- Use pruning shears to cut the leaves off the stems. Take three hydrangeas in your hands and arrange them in a triangle-shaped bouquet.
- Take a few more and place them a little lower than the first.
- Insert the last flower in the middle, make it higher than the rest, this way you will add roundness to the wedding bouquet.
- Place chrysanthemums symmetrically between hydrangeas, preferably closer to the center. They will create a general background and richness in the wedding composition.
- In order for the stems to be collected into a bouquet, they need to be wrapped with wire in three places: below, above and in the center.
- Trim the flower stems using pruning shears.
- Step back a couple of centimeters from the bud and wrap the stems with tape. Attach its edge with a button or a beautiful stone.
- Wrap the stems with twine. Don't be afraid to use it all, use your imagination. The more twine you wrap, the thicker the base will be and the easier it will be to hold the wedding bouquet.
Video tutorial on making a bouquet “on your own legs”
If the above tutorial for creating a wedding bouquet is not enough, watch the video below. Using a clear example, you can see how easy it is to create a beautiful composition without much expense. Even if you didn’t manage to do everything perfectly the first test time, don’t be discouraged. In subsequent attempts, you will be able to make a beautiful wedding bouquet with your own hands. For accuracy, you can consult with experienced florists.
In order for the buds to delight you during the long wedding day, you should take care of them in advance. Frost-resistant plants - tulips, roses, carnations - are recommended to be put in the refrigerator in the vegetable compartment the day before the wedding.
More delicate flowers that cannot tolerate cold should not be subjected to the cold test. Choose a dark, cool, draft-free place for them. They will be preserved best there.
Pour clean water into the vase, preferably rain or filtered water at room temperature. A good help would be either specialized fertilizers for cut flowers, or granulated sugar or aspirin dissolved in water. Before installing in a vase, the stems are cut by 5 cm at an acute angle so that moisture is better absorbed. It is necessary to cut flowers only with a sharp knife or pruning shears; dull scissors will not work at all. They will only pinch the vessels, and the buds will be even worse than before pruning.
Here are some more useful tips from florists:
- Roses, hydrangeas and chrysanthemums have their stems slightly split in front of the vase. This way they absorb moisture better;
- It is recommended to alternately dip the tip of the stem into boiling water and cold water several times for peonies or dahlias - this will help to revive them;
- Never spray water on the delicate petals of lilies, tuberose or daffodils. Unsightly stains may remain.
This video clearly shows how to trim flowers correctly:
You can make artificial bouquets with your own hands. This will not only significantly reduce costs, but will also provide enormous scope for experimentation.
To create such a bouquet you will need the following materials:
- porta bouquet holder;
- semicircle made of polystyrene foam;
- light-colored lace;
- guipure ribbon;
- the braid is also light in color;
- ribbon made of rhinestones;
- satin ribbons of different colors;
- a thread.
- first you need to take everything out of the portabuket maker and cut it out so that only the ribs remain;
- then spread the semicircle with glue in the very center and pierce it with the help of ribs;
- after this, the leg must be wrapped with a satin ribbon;
- you need to cut a circle out of lace, which will be slightly larger than a semicircle made of foam, you need to make a hole in it for the leg to go through;
- it needs to be threaded into it and all the parts glued to the foam, while bending them in the opposite direction;
- after this, the leg must also be wrapped with a ribbon made of guipure;
- Next, you need to take a light braid and decorate the semicircle with it, securing it around the legs with glue;
- the edge of the leg should be greased with glue and a rhinestone ribbon should be wrapped around it;
- In the meantime, you need to make small flowers from multi-colored satin ribbons and paste them over a semicircle.
The bouquet for the beautiful bride is ready.
In kanzashi style
For those brides who want to add some zest to their look, you can make a bouquet in this style. That is, assemble it from ribbons and various decorations. It can be ordered in special stores, or you can make it right at home.
This technique appeared in Japan. It was used to create flowers that were used to secure hair. And only a few years ago they began to create bouquets for brides using this principle. After all, in the end they look very gentle and harmonious.
First you need to make a base for the bouquet. To do this, you can use hardened polyurethane foam, or simply crumple newspapers into a circle and wrap them with strong threads, pre-coated with glue.
In order to be able to attach the handle to the base, it is necessary to cut off a small layer of the finished ball with a knife. In its middle you need to make a hole of 3-5 centimeters. The handle itself can be made from sushi sticks.
They must be placed in the center of the ball, which must first be coated with glue. After the glue has dried, wrap the sticks very tightly with rope. From above you need to wrap everything with a fairly wide satin ribbon, while gluing it to the base. The edge of the ribbon can be attached with a beautiful large brooch or bead.
After this, you can start making flowers. To do this, you need to take two types of tapes, which should be of different widths. One should be 60 millimeters in size, the second should be 20 millimeters. You will also need beads or rhinestones, brooches and linen fabric.
Next, you need to determine how many flowers the bouquet will consist of. Then you need to draw the same number of circles. After this, they need to be carefully cut and rolled into a conical tube. Then each piece needs to be stitched.
Next, you need to take a tape that is narrower, and bending the edge, attach it to the folded tube so that it does not reach the edge of the workpiece, and sew along the contour. Then you can begin to form the petals. They need to be applied at right angles and each one must be sewn on immediately. When the first 4 petals are ready, the rest must be sewn at any angle. This should be done to the very edge of the cone, and the end of the tape should be sewn to the workpiece from the wrong side.
In order for the bouquet to be fuller and more beautiful, it must be made from different types of flowers. If the first version of the blank turned out to be in the form of a bud, then the second option should be an open rose or peony.
To make it, you need to take a tape that will be wider, and then fold it twice, while making a bend of up to 4 millimeters. The base must be attached with a pin. After this, you need to take the part of the tape that is bent and start folding the bud at any angle. Then the tape is taken again and rolled to the end at an angle of 30 degrees. At the end of the work, the entire flower must be stitched from the wrong side.
When all the flowers are ready, you can start assembling the bouquet itself. To do this you will need pins with beads at the end. They need to attach each bud to the base. This must be done so that it turns out beautiful and uniform. After this, it can be additionally decorated with beads, beads or other decorative elements.
Parallel style in floristry
The beauty, fragrance and originality of flowers always attract our attention. Apparently that’s why they were given as gifts and used for decoration already in ancient times.
This trend continues to develop today, and the popularity of floristry is constantly increasing. In it, as in other areas, there are trends and fashion trends that determine the design of bouquets and compositions of fresh flowers.
There are a huge variety of bouquets of fresh flowers. They can be packaged modestly and simply, or vice versa, unusual and original. The concept of “bouquet” appeared in Europe; translated from French it means “a beautiful group of flowers.” The French were not the progenitors of the use of flowers as a fashion accessory, but they formed the rules and techniques for composing a bouquet. Of course, a lot has changed, but the main thing remained - beauty.
Everyone knows that floristry is a type of visual or decorative art, the essence of which is creating bouquets or compositions for various purposes from fresh flowers and ornamental plants. Flower arrangements will help to express any meaning, convey the whole range of feelings from tenderness to admiration. There are several trends or styles in floristry. One of them is parallel. In nature you can often find examples of compositions of this style, and many florists create works based on their model.
A parallel style appeared at the end of the last century, in Holland, and gradually spread to countries not only in Europe, but throughout the world. This style involves creating compositions of cut flowers and herbs arranged in rows (horizontally or vertically), and each of them is made up of plants of a certain type and color. Compositions made in a parallel style look very impressive in tall decorative flowerpots or bowls. For example, below there is a row of roses, above - delphiniums, even higher - chrysanthemums or other flowers, which you can find out about on the website: Mirfermera.ru. There is a lot of interesting and useful information about agriculture. You can take part in events in March and subsequent months, as well as chat on the forum on your favorite topics related to your summer cottage, farming, cooking, and share your recipes. Come, find out and chat.
Compositions made in a parallel style can be either symmetrical or asymmetrical. Avant-garde interiors are often decorated with such works; this style is also very popular when decorating a wedding. Parallel parts of the composition can be vertical, diagonal or horizontal. Parallel style options can be parallel-vegetative, parallel-decorative and parallel-graphic. All the basic rules for creating compositions are valid for these three options:
— parallel-vegetative composition
Work of this type is characterized by an asymmetrical arrangement. At the same time, plants should look natural, the way they grow in nature. Of great importance are growth forms, space requirements and other characteristics of plants, which should be taken into account not only when creating a composition from cuttings, but also when planting compositions in vases;
- parallel decorative composition
In compositions of this type, usually dense, a symmetrical arrangement is usually followed, although asymmetry is also allowed. The impression of decorative work can be enhanced by a closed form;
- parallel graphic composition
Both symmetrical and asymmetrical arrangement are possible here. The compositions look clear and abstract. Sometimes this is an object, but the individual characteristics of plants are not always taken into account. In parallel graphic compositions, the base and additional decorative element can be sand, small crushed stone or plastic chips. Specially designed crossings of some lines give such work greater expressiveness. The oasis in parallel compositions is placed below the edge of the vase.
In the same style, in addition to the composition, you can also create a bouquet. It can also be symmetrical or asymmetrical; the stems are tied in several places, and the material used for tying serves as additional decor. There are other styles in floristry, each of which has its own characteristics.
A lot depends on the specific bouquet and wedding theme.
A rustic, rustic or eco-celebration does not require decoration; it is enough to grab the stems with ordinary twine. Vintage, shabby chic, retro, on the contrary, require the use of rhinestones, feathers, lace, and decorative pendants.
The easiest way to decorate is with greenery. Originally shaped leaves will add freshness and life to the composition.
The design of the legs will allow you to place the necessary accents. It can be wrapped in fabric, ribbons, lace, beads, appliqués.
Seasonal decor is also interesting. So, in winter, pine cones or spruce branches look great in a bouquet, in spring - pussy willows, in summer - ears of corn and dried flowers, and in autumn - berries and fruits.
Wedding bouquets in a porta bouquet
- Prices: from 2,890 to 47,690 rubles.
- Discount: 3% already on your first order
- Delivery cost in Moscow: 0 rub.
- Rose petals for wedding
- Double bouquet for the bride
- Wedding bouquets from anthuriums
- Flower decorations for weddings
- Flowers for a wedding banquet
- Wedding decoration on car
- Wedding boutonnieres for the groom
- Wedding bouquets
Exquisite wedding bouquets in a porta bouquet enchant with their beauty and resemble sweet desserts: tiramisu, creme brulee, British Trifle, pudding, cupcake or Runeberg cake. Portbouquet is considered a variety of Biedermeier, in which the flowers are arranged in rings. It is a three-dimensional composition and has a regular geometric shape. Such ensembles look best in the hands of a bride of short or medium height and fit the classic silhouette of a wedding dress. The flower bouquet looks as natural as possible if it is composed of bush or tea roses, airy peonies, eustoma, large-leaved ruscus, orchids, freesia, gypsophila and other plants. Round bouquets are often used as “fortune telling” for bridesmaids. They are the ones the girls in the crowd are trying to catch, guessing who will marry next.
We have prepared a wide showcase with wedding arrangements for any themed event. The Flower-shop.ru salon simplifies their purchase thanks to:
- 24-hour delivery of orders in Moscow and within the Moscow Ring Road;
- courier services (contactless, express and timely delivery);
- secure payment using bank cards or electronic payment systems PayPal, Apple and Google Pay, Yandex.Money, through Sberbank;
- only fresh flowers without defects;
- compliance with storage technologies for floral material;
- possibility of equivalent replacement of compositions.
In preparation for the wedding ceremony, some people go through troubles, while others go through an exciting adventure. The choice of flowers in a porta bouquet is an obligatory part of the upcoming celebration. Florists have already put together trendy arrangements with your favorite tulips, peonies, daffodils, alstroemerias and freesias.
Retail chains offer amazing sets of your favorite natural flowers. However, the temptation to create beauty yourself remains. For the bride's bouquet, orchids, chrysanthemums, roses, and eustomas are used. For greenery - eucalyptus, salal, fern, asparagus. You will need wire, floral ribbons, and decor.
Before assembly, certain manipulations are carried out with the plants. Flowers that are placed on the outer edge need a wire splint that regulates the position of the buds. The width of the wire depends on the thickness of the trunk. Plant preparation:
- Orchids. The flowers are removed from the stem, leaving a stem of no more than 7 cm. Moisten half a cotton pad with water. Wrap the cut in it. A wire 40 cm long and 1.2 mm in cross section is bent in half. Place it on the stem of the plant with the fold upward and wrap it with an adhesive floral strip. Then wrap it with tape.
- Roses. For thin stems, use wire 1 mm in diameter. For large ones, a thickness of 1.2 mm is suitable. A piece of 35-40 cm is folded in half and connected to the stem of the bud with green or brown tape, starting from the base of the flower. The excess wire is cut off.
- Chrysanthemums, eustomas. Manipulate with a cotton ball, like an orchid. The wire is attached to the stems in the same way.
Determine the shape - plate, oval, sphere, fan. The highest point of the bouquet is in the center. Each bud is separated from its neighbors by a sprig of greenery. Collect from the middle, adding flowers in a circle. The buds turn outward. Every 5-10 plants are wrapped with florist's tape.
The stems are connected and wrapped with tape. The leg is decorated with satin, beads, lace - there are many variations.
Creating a unique bouquet is a complex matter; work begins long before the event. However, the result - an exclusive accessory - is worth the effort and worry.
Now let’s lift the curtain on the mystery of creating a porta bouquet
In order to create such a bouquet, follow these steps:
• Step 1: Greenery is inserted into a damp piaflora floral sponge (called an oasis). This creates the base of the bouquet.
• Step 2: Flowers are installed into the existing base using a certain technology. There are three fixation options:
a) on their own stems - this is typical for ordinary flowers of small or medium size;
b) on a wire - this is done with large and heavy flowers, which are usually used for a cascade, “drop” or non-standard bouquets;
c) using glue - this technology is also suitable for large and massive flowers. It consists in the fact that before inserting the flower into the oasis, its stem is treated with glue.
• Step 3: A nice “skirt” is put on the microphone tube - a decorative element, usually made of tulle, which gives the bouquet a feeling of completeness and absolute grace.
In principle, if the bouquet is decorated in a circle with large, beautiful leaves, then you can do without a “skirt”.
It will be difficult to create a composition with butterflies and other decorative elements on wire on a porta bouquet. In this case, the fittings are attached to living stems and secured with tape.
Finally, you can do without a base if the wedding scenario includes replacing the bouquet. For example, one for painting, the other for photography. In this case, you can create a bouquet with a porta bouquet with your own hands. This way you will save money and time. Experienced florists can offer various options for accessories.
From improvised means
If you don’t have cardboard at hand, you can use plastic, which can be found in any home in the form of bottles for various drinks. As a result, you can get something like this from a plastic bottle, which you can later decorate according to your wishes:
To make it you will need a medium-sized plastic bottle and hot glue. The bottle needs to be cut into pieces to create a funnel from the neck, bottom and cylindrical tube, as seen in this photo:
One of the most economical options is to cover it with cleaning napkins - they come in a variety of colors and are quite inexpensive.