The most important attribute of the bride’s delicate and elegant image is the bouquet, emphasizing her beauty and individuality. And if earlier it was ordered from the nearest flower shop, now many girls are engaged in making a bouquet with their own hands, because... This is a great opportunity to relax before the wedding and create something unique for your celebration. If you like to be creative, then you can easily create a stylish and romantic bridal bouquet with your own hands, the Svadebka.ws portal is sure!
Assembling a wedding bouquet with your own hands - master class
For any girl, a wedding is one of the most important events in her life. Memories of her are preserved forever, and beautiful photos, with correctly selected images of the bride and groom, serve as a pleasant reminder of the past celebration. And if everything is more or less clear with the image of the groom, then the image of the bride is always individual and is created based on many factors. Flowers play an important role in this image. Assembling a wedding bouquet with your own hands means bringing to life the ideal composition as you imagine it.
After you have made the flowers, you need to create a beautiful and harmonious composition.
To do this you will need:
- half a foam ball with a diameter of 11 cm;
- cardboard tube 17 cm long;
- satin ribbon of a suitable color to match the flowers;
- glue gun;
- ready-made flowers;
- additional decorations;
- thread and needle to match the color of the ribbons.
There is an interesting option, how you can make a duplicate bouquet for a wedding from satin ribbons. It has a number of advantages, for example, it does not wither and can be stored for a long time, like a memory. But, on the other hand, not everyone will decide to go with him to the registry office and do a photo shoot. Let's look at how to make a double bridal bouquet.
- In the center of the foam ball, make a depression the diameter of a tube.
- Cover the tube with tape around the circle and at the base.
- Then glue it to half the ball.
- Distribute the finished flowers around the perimeter, gluing them.
- Also add decorations as you wish.
- Fold small pieces of ribbon in half, then sew them together.
- Create a circular composition from them, securing them with thread.
- Place it on the tube and secure it with glue to the ball.
- Roll the ribbon into a bow.
- Sew it together with a needle and thread.
- Add smaller ribbon and beads for decoration.
- Glue the bow at the bottom under the base of the composition.
For such a bouquet, flowers made from polymer clay and foamiran are best suited. A master class on making a double bridal bouquet gives basic ideas, and the bride herself can come up with the details.
The role of the accessory
A bouquet is an essential accessory for any bride.
It complements the image, makes it more gentle and chaste. Attention! A bouquet is collected from a wide variety of flowers and plants; it can be live or artificial, of any color, size and content, and in some compositions flowers are not used at all.
Some girls prefer to order a bouquet from wedding florists (read here how to choose a real professional). Some people collect it in advance and from artificial materials. But there are also craftsmen who create a wedding bouquet with their own hands.
Why do you need a duplicate for a wedding?
A bride's bouquet is not only a beautiful accessory, but also a symbol of a beginning happy life, a talisman of family well-being. There is a belief that if you dry wedding flowers, they will protect the house, the couple and the children that appear for a long time.
But even without superstitions, a flower arrangement means a lot to a bride, because choosing it is no easier than choosing a dress, makeup and hairstyle. Specific names of colors, decor, shades, the smallest details - everything that makes up a complete ensemble requires imagination, effort and money. This means giving it to even your most beloved girlfriend is quite difficult.
Meanwhile, the tradition of throwing a bouquet at the end of the wedding, which allows you to find out which lucky girl will walk down the aisle next, is not something that brides are ready to give up. How to be? You can, of course, take the bouquet from the girlfriend who caught it, leaving one flower for luck. Another option is to throw in a specially made accessory, then the girl will keep it as a memory, but the tradition of keeping the main bride’s bouquet will also be respected. Situations when you can’t do without a backup bouquet:
- the main composition is very heavy , for example, a large bouquet with a porta bouquet - not every girl can throw about 5-7 kg, as well as catch them without injury;
- a winter ceremony is planned - even the most resilient plants will not feel too good by the end of the holiday;
- the main bouquet is made up of lilies, peonies, and other buds with fragile petals that simply cannot withstand being thrown;
- the wedding is held in Art Nouveau style, and the bouquet contains iron or other sharp decorative elements.
The second bouquet does not have to repeat the bride’s main accessory one to one, but if you wish, you can do so. This will give you the opportunity to take interesting photos in the company of the girlfriend who caught him.
More often than not, an exact copy is not made, because the understudy is first and foremost an assistant and should play a supporting role for the soloist. An excellent option is a smaller copy, consisting of smaller, but similar in shape flowers. For example, ordinary roses in the bride’s bouquet and bush roses in the backup, as well as lilies and alstroemerias, gerberas and daisies, peonies and eustoma. It is recommended to maintain the same color scheme so that the understudy does not stand out from the overall picture of the wedding.
Usually, if the second composition is also made from fresh flowers, then the bride creates it herself, without the help of florists. This adds warmth to the wish for a speedy wedding to the girlfriend who caught the bouquet.
A wonderful solution would be to create a double from artificial materials - foamiran, fabric, ribbons, paper, beads.
The main advantages of the dummy:
- durability, because it can be stored for decades;
- Weight is no less important - throwing such a bouquet is easy;
- It is absolutely impossible to harm anyone with them (the exception is the heavy version of textured brooches).
Artificial flowers are easy to purchase in specialized stores, but it is much more interesting and enjoyable to create buds yourself. Handmade things are very valuable, including because the craftswoman puts her love and good wishes into them. If the theme of the wedding and the bride’s level of handicraft skills allow it, then it is permissible to create a completely unusual ensemble - from soft toys, sweets, feathers, buttons.
How to choose by style
When choosing the components of the composition, it is very important to take into account the style of the wedding, what colors are used in the decoration, the seasonality of the flowers and their resistance to weather conditions.
- For weddings in a rustic, country, or hippie style, it is better to turn your attention to wildflowers, which are successfully cultivated in greenhouses along with garden ones.
- For a magnificent celebration, bouquets are made to match - expensive, richly decorated, with exotic flowers.
- For unusual, themed weddings, unusual accessories are also compiled - you can find everything in them: from lotus flowers to succulents, cotton bolls and feathers.
- For a classic wedding - smooth, sleek compositions with classic flowers.
Flower arrangement in a box
Flower boxes (flower boxes) are a fashionable floral trend. Floral designer Alexandra Galko talks about the advantages of this type of bouquet design and creates an exquisite composition. The video shows how to place a damp sponge at the bottom of the box, strip and trim stems, and work with cotton and other unusual plants. Alexandra teaches how to harmoniously combine greens, small and large, loose and smooth flowers, talks about each plant used: name, properties, where it grows.
You can create the bride’s wedding bouquet with your own hands or seek professional help from florists.
Before you think about how to assemble a bride’s bouquet with your own hands, you need to decide on the type of composition. Various options are possible.
- On the stems . The classic version, with a spiral assembly. The flowers are collected and tied with ribbon.
- On a portaquet. This accessory lasts well throughout the wedding day, since the base of the porta bouquet holder consists of a sponge, which is pre-soaked in water.
- On a wire. Each flower is attached separately to a wire, on the top of which there is a separate reservoir with liquid, and then assembled into a common composition.
Korean bouquet wrapping technique
The Korean style in the design of bouquets involves multi-level and multi-texture through the use of materials of different density and color. A bouquet packed using Asian technology looks more attractive and more expensive than the classic version. A video with florist Victoria Lavrentieva demonstrates step-by-step the Korean technique: choosing flowers, composing a composition, preparing and arranging materials. Beginners will learn the professional secrets of creating beautiful waves from colored matte film and thin craft paper.
Useful video: master class on creating a cascade composition
Cascade compositions are very popular among modern brides. It will not require serious skills or unusual materials. How to create a bridal bouquet with your own hands step by step can be seen in the video below:
A DIY wedding bouquet is created from the following materials:
- oasis (portable bouquet);
- white roses, freesias and eustomas;
- greens: ruscus and bergrass;
- soft transparent wire;
- satin ribbon;
- pearl beads;
- transparent glue.
A DIY wedding bouquet is assembled step by step as described below.
- First, let’s install the portaquet holder in a position convenient for work. A tall vase that holds the oasis in a vertical position is suitable for this.
- We take three roses with the smallest flowers or buds. We cut the leg at an angle so that it is convenient to insert it into the oasis. We wrap the edge of the leg tightly with wire. These three roses will be the basis of the entire cascade.
- We insert the roses into the oasis from bottom to top, at an acute angle. We fix the wire inserted along with the legs on the other side of the portaquet. This is necessary so that the flowers do not fall out under their own weight. Roses arranged in a cascade should be arranged asymmetrically.
- We also insert the remaining few roses asymmetrically throughout the oasis ball. To do this, you need to cut off the entire stem, leaving a stem 6-7 cm long.
- The free space between the roses is filled with freesia flowers. A flower can be inserted into a portaquet holder 1 time. If you placed it poorly, you will have to make a new hole. The oasis material is fragile.
- To the cascade of roses we add long (along the length of the cascade) branches of ruscus. Since the greens are lightweight, there is no need to secure them with wire. We just stick the branches in like roses – from the bottom up. We insert several separate short branches of ruscus throughout the composition, among roses and freesias.
- We also insert eustoma inflorescences, from bottom to top, into the cascade, filling the space between the roses.
- We string beads onto a wire, scatter them in separate drops and fix them throughout the composition.
- The edge of the porta bouquet's leg is covered with ruscus leaves, the rest of the space is decorated with a satin ribbon. Now you know exactly how to make a bridal bouquet with your own hands.
Important! Flowers in the oasis are not secured by anything - therefore, it is better to hold a simple bridal bouquet created with your own hands vertically or place it in a vase. Read more about bouquets on bouquet holders in this article.
An original gift for a man's birthday
To implement the idea of a master class on assembling an edible bouquet you will need:
- wide tape;
- brown craft roll;
- shiny packaging paper with a strict masculine design;
- roll of cling film;
- cutting board;
- flat dish;
- a bottle of strong alcohol vodka or cognac;
- wooden skewers;
- parsley or green cucumber;
- sausages 5-7 pcs.;
- sausage ring;
- round smoked sausages 5-8 pcs.;
- smoked braided cheese in vacuum packaging 1 pc.;
- processed cheese 2 pcs.;
- tomatoes 3-5 pcs.;
- lemon 1 pc.
Detailed instructions for an unusual anniversary bouquet:
- Cut the lemon in half. Divide sausage, cheese, sausages into convenient pieces up to 10-15 cm.
- Place half a lemon on three long skewers. Cut a square of 10 cm * 10 cm from the cling film. Place the lemon on the cling film, cut side down, skewers up, and wrap it around. We secure the film with tape near the skewers. We wrap the skewers to the bottom with tape, pulling them together. Repeat the procedure with the second half of the lemon.
- The sausages are isolated in their individual packaging, so we simply thread them each onto one skewer.
- We isolate the pieces of sausage and cucumber with cling film, according to the same scheme as lemons.
- Thread sausage, tomatoes onto one skewer, smoked cheese into 3-5 pieces.
- We form a reliable frame of wooden skewers around the bottle. Apply three on each side, wrap with tape, then three more, and so on until a reliable circle is formed. We wind the tape along the skewers downwards, connecting them into a single cone-shaped structure.
- Processed cheese curds can be packed in other paper, but can only be left in branded paper. We put them on skewers.
- We collect a bouquet around the bottle, wrapping each one with tape. We use adhesive tape to ensure that all elements are securely fixed and do not fall apart during transportation.
- Cut a square from a roll of kraft paper. We fold it diagonally, but not at a right angle, but so that the top corners are offset from each other.
- We wrap the bouquet in paper, trying to make sure that the place where the tape is attached is not visible. We fasten the packaging with a stapler.
- We use patterned wrapping paper to make the outer decor for the bottom of the package. We tie it at the bottom with twine. We tie a simple bow.
Detailed video instructions can be seen on the channel:
How to make a wedding bouquet with your own hands. Ideas and options
By tradition, most special events are decorated with flowers.
This is especially true for women's holidays, or celebrations organized in honor of the triumph of love and a happy life. Weddings, of course, are among such holidays. Without a doubt, a wedding should be strewn with flowers - a symbol of beauty, youth, joy and tenderness. And, of course, the bride's bouquet must be special. No matter how pompous it may sound, it is quite clear that every bride puts a special meaning into her wedding bouquet. And the organizers of the wedding event, when drawing up the bride’s bouquet, must take into account, among other things, such a criterion as the age of the bride.
How to use
Some products, due to their awkward shape or too large size, can play a cruel joke on the bride during the throwing ceremony. Intricate arrangements with cascading flowers and greenery are very difficult to throw into the air. Owners of large bridal bouquets do not have a question about why they would need a duplicate bouquet for their wedding.
By replacing them with less traumatic analogues, you will protect your guests and insure against accidental damage to objects in the environment. In addition, many girls feel sorry to part with such a memorable thing. Therefore, the girl wonders whether a duplicate bouquet is needed for the wedding. Previously, it was rarely used, but now its popularity has increased dramatically.
Florists explain why you need a stand-in bouquet at a wedding. Sometimes a wedding lasts longer than one day. As a result of numerous changes in location, fragile plants may lose their attractiveness. Sometimes newlyweds hold a wedding in the winter season, when even the most persistent buds can fade due to sudden temperature changes. Read more about winter wedding bouquets.
What should the bride's bouquet be like?
Taking into account age categories, the bride’s bouquet should be chosen as follows:
- For a mature bride, not only bright colors in a wedding bouquet are acceptable, but also an unusual design. A non-standard form of a bouquet, for example, or an exotic content of a bouquet.
- A bouquet made up of delicate shades and traditional flower specimens will suit the young bride. But this is not the only criterion.
Of course, you should take into account the wishes of the bride and her idea of what the main bouquet in her life should be. Another important point when composing a wedding bouquet is the theme of the wedding plot and the design of the decoration of the premises in which the main celebrations will take place.
It makes sense to consider the time of year in which the wedding is planned. After all, a winter wedding bouquet and a summer wedding bouquet can be played up taking into account the season and thus harmoniously fit it into the image of the newlywed.
It’s ideal when everything is thought out to the smallest detail, and even the bride’s bouquet is in harmony with the surrounding space.
Wedding bouquet shape
1) The round shape of the bride's bouquet is most often found at weddings. This is perhaps the best choice. The shape is pleasing to the eye and matches the mood and fits harmoniously into the format of the event.
A round wedding bouquet is traditionally made of roses. A wide variety of flowers in a variety of shades can be used. At the base of the bouquet, a special sponge soaked in moisture is used, which allows the flowers to maintain a fresh appearance throughout the entire special day.
2) It is customary to select flowers with a long stem for a cascade bouquet.
By intertwining them with each other, you can create a bouquet cascading down to a height of up to one meter. The bride should hold this bouquet with both hands, lowering them. A cascading bouquet also acts as a unique decoration for a wedding dress.
3) There is a type of “basket” bouquet, which is not as common now as before. It uses fresh flowers and in appearance it should create the impression of a basket of flowers. This form can be used in our time in the theme of a rural wedding. A basket bouquet filled with wildflowers and herbs will look very organic with the surrounding landscape.
4) A simple bouquet was often found at weddings in the last century, when our mothers and grandmothers got married. The flowers chosen for the bouquet were usually of the same variety and one or two shades. There could be any odd number of them in the bouquet, and they were tied with decorative ribbon. The bride wore such a bouquet along her arm, reclining.
5) There is also a type of bouquet in the shape of a drop. Technically, it is a wire bent in the shape of a drop, braided with flowers. Larger flowers are used in the upper part of such a bouquet, and smaller ones in the lower part.
6) A bouquet in the shape of a muff is worn on the hand. This bouquet has a functional loop. It is needed to free your hand. At the right moment, the bride simply puts a loop on her finger and her palm becomes free, and the bouquet is clearly fixed and will not go anywhere.
Pros and cons of a “non-living” composition
Some couples are afraid to buy a bridal bouquet of artificial flowers for their wedding, believing that this is a bad omen. However, most believe that these are just prejudices.
This accessory has quite a lot of advantages.
- Such beauty will look very good, that is, it will not fade during the wedding day. He can withstand both heat and frost. In addition, for many years such an accessory will remind a girl of the best day of her life.
- Artificial flowers can be selected in different shapes and also in different colors. In addition, you don’t have to worry that your favorite plants don’t grow at this time - you can make artificial decorations with your own hands at any time of the year.
- In addition, such a bouquet is perfect for a couple who has allergies.
However, this accessory also has disadvantages.
- Not every bouquet is made of fabric or paper. Today you can find compositions made from ribbons, beads and even shells. Of course, such bouquets will be quite original. However, throwing them at the end of the wedding to the girls will not work. After all, in the end it will either fly into pieces or injure one of the wedding participants.
- In addition, the quality of artificial flowers is of great importance in such a bouquet. After all, a cheap bouquet will be completely inappropriate. But you don’t always want to spend your wedding budget on something more expensive. Therefore, in some cases it is better to buy fresh flowers.
How to make a wedding bouquet with your own hands
The main essence and difficulty is to create a harmonious bouquet, something special, with a twist. Everything else is technical issues that do not pose any difficulty. You don't need anything special, just a little time. But you will get an inexpensive bouquet, and made with your own hands!
This sponge is called an oasis and is inserted into a special base of the bouquet, the so-called microphone, which, in fact, serves as a frame. So:
1.The leg of the frame must be covered with double-sided tape and decorated with the material that you have chosen for the outer decoration of the leg. This can be either a ribbon or stems of fresh flowers, which imitate them. The stems should additionally be secured with floral wire.
2.Next, it is important to cover the upper part of the base of the bouquet with double-sided tape. This will allow us to decorate this area and prevent moisture from seeping out from the oasis. This part of the frame can be decorated with green flower petals. By the way, they are sold separately in the flower shop. To make the petals look organic, they can be glued in a checkerboard pattern.
3.After pasting the upper part of the frame, you need to wrap the stems around the leg in a second circle to close any possible gaps between the stems. And secure it again with floral wire. This way you will get a more realistic bouquet. To prevent the wire from scratching your hands, its ends must be bent inward.
4.Then, you need to take a decorative ribbon, wrap it around the handle and make a bow. To secure the end of the tape, you can grab it with double-sided tape. Then we proceed to the main element - the bouquet itself.
5.First of all, you need to soak the oasis by immersing it in a container of water. You cannot direct a stream of water at the oasis; it can damage its fragile structure. After saturating the oasis with water, it needs to be installed at the base of the frame.
6.Fix the top cover of the frame additionally using floral wire.
7. Stems with buds need to be cut to a length of 5-6 centimeters. Start setting it in the oasis, forming the head of the bouquet. The flower should be installed in the oasis by simply pressing the stem into it. This process requires care so as not to damage the bud.
The formation of the cap begins with the central bud and then in a circle around it, trying to place flower after flower so that the buds are pressed against each other as much as possible and there are no gaps between them.
Gaps will ruin the appearance of the bouquet. The last circle of buds will be set almost horizontally.
8.If desired, you can add small bush flowers to the bouquet, installing them in the base in the same way.
Whatever shape and content of the bouquet you choose, the process of making it is approximately the same. All of them have a frame - a base on which the entire decorative part of the bouquet is actually assembled. The difference between a living bouquet and an artificial one is that an oasis is installed in the frame - the base for a living wedding bouquet, which nourishes fresh flowers with moisture during special events.
Men's bouquet - step-by-step execution
What you will need:
- products (in this case we’ll focus on fish and beer);
- corrugated paper;
- nuts (to the chosen one’s taste);
- decorative elements;
- certain tools.
Any work requires care and concentration. Creating a gift like this is no exception. Before you begin, think about all the subtleties of the components and their design.
Stages of making an edible bouquet:
- To create a blank, insulation (penoplex) is best suited. From this material we cut out the base for the bouquet (acceptable parameters: 2 cm thickness, 20-25 cm width and up to 45 cm length).
- The resulting layout needs to be covered with thick paper, and this needs to be done only on one side.
- The lower part can be cut out of fairly thick cardboard and strengthened with skewers, glue the base, the side of which is also decorated with paper.
- The workpiece is decorated with selected accessories and various decorative elements.
- Wrap beer cans in paper so that they can be easily removed from the packaging.
- The cut out paper bottoms need to be covered with tape, the cup holders should be secured with felt, and the jars should be attached with ribbon.
- Wrap the fish in cling film and pack the nuts nicely. Secure the entire appetizer in a bouquet.
- Wrap the finished composition in a floral net.
Your man will be delighted.
The good thing about a natural bouquet is that you can make it yourself, saving significantly on the services of professional florists.
Some wedding styles, such as country or rustic, encourage the use of homegrown plants. Daffodils, tulips, peonies, gerberas, and roses bloom beautifully in the gardens of the middle zone. Thus, the bouquet will turn out to be both budget-friendly and sincere.
If you want to use imported flowers, be sure to consult with a florist you know to purchase a quality product. Place your order in advance, at least a month before the wedding. This way you will definitely get exactly the plants you dreamed of. Take into account some negative nuances of a bouquet of fresh flowers:
- Fragility - not all petals will withstand numerous touches, frost, direct sunlight and drought, so carefully read the characteristics of the selected plants and, if necessary, place them in a vase immediately after the ceremonial procession and photographs.
- For a winter celebration, it is wise to choose from frost-resistant flowers , since there are quite a lot of them - carnations, tulips, ranunculus, chrysanthemums, and some types of roses.
- An important point is the smell and pollen. Some buds, for example, lilies, have a powerful aroma that will overpower your perfume and cause headaches or allergies. The same lilies are “famous” for their stamens, which can leave an orange mark on a dress.
Decide what exactly you want from the composition - shape, shades, specific plants. Be sure to take into account both your own external data and the theme of the wedding. Classic celebrations love strict lines, thematic celebrations love asymmetry, cascade, and unusual execution. Tall brides should choose a larger bouquet, short brides should choose a miniature and neat one.
If you are determined to make an important accessory yourself, then soberly assess your capabilities.
Without any experience, you should not try to immediately repeat complex floral masterpieces, especially with expensive flowers. Start simple - with a classic circle. To create this shape, flowers are placed slightly at an angle, so that the buds create a circle and the stems create a single stem.
It is best to choose plants with straight but rather flexible stems for such compositions. However, in any case, you will have to secure the leg with floral wire. If desired, the leg can be replaced with a porta bouquet. On top we add decor carefully selected for the floral composition, outfit and style of the wedding - satin ribbon, a piece of chiffon fabric, lace.
Combination of shades
The bride's attribute is always a reflection of her mistress and, by looking at it, you can learn a lot about the girl. A composition of fresh flowers fully conveys the inner world of the newlywed. Young brides are very energetic, so a bright and lively composition would be a great idea.
- A bouquet will look bright and colorful if you combine two types of flowers in a color that, at first glance, does not match. For example, dark pink flowers (the same roses) look impressive in combination with blue hydrangeas. This combination is considered winning in all options and will suit any style of dress.
- An equally bright and unforgettable ensemble will be achieved if you include orange orchids or chrysanthemums in a white bouquet. Orange tones mean joy, energy, courage. This color will perfectly decorate a wedding in the autumn.
The modern floristic market offers a variety of options: from field plants of our strip to exotic protea, turmeric, and orchids. You should choose based on your taste, the theme of the wedding and the characteristics of the flowers - the more hardy they are, the less you have to worry about preserving their freshness.
The classic version is roses, a symbol of love and romance. Red, pink, white, strict elongated or fluffy peony-shaped, large or miniature - regal flowers look excellent in any case. Keep in mind that, firstly, the thorns must be cut off from roses, and secondly, they are not very fond of their neighbors in the vase, so after the celebration the bouquet will have to be divided.
Another common option is exquisite lilies or sensual orchids , which confidently hold the second position in the top flowers for a wedding bouquet.
Exotic alstroemeria, eustoma, anemones, callas are also quite often used in bouquets of various shapes. If you choose additional greenery to create volume, then pay attention to fern, eucalyptus, and gypsophila.
Why are duplicate bouquets used?
As a rule, a girl selects a wedding bouquet based on taste preferences and styling that is present at the ceremony. The wedding bouquet plays a special role. It is necessary both throughout the celebration and at the end. At the end of the evening, the bride throws a bouquet to her unmarried friends.
The girl who catches him is considered to be the next bride. However, not all brides want to part with their wedding accessory. Many believe that it must be preserved in order to have a long and happy family life in the future. In this case, a duplicate bouquet appears.
A post shared by FUN ACCESSORIES (@cvetkova_inna) on Apr 15, 2019 at 2:45am PDT
A duplicate bouquet is a concept that appeared not so long ago. Before the wedding, the bride orders two bouquets at once. They can be either absolutely identical or completely different. This will be decided by the bride herself. Not everyone understands why such a bouquet might be needed.
There are several explanations for this phenomenon:
- Throwing a flower arrangement at the end of a formal event is a tradition that comes from Europe. Russian girls liked and fell in love with it so much that it became firmly entrenched in all weddings. Most brides believe that this is an original Russian tradition. This is absolutely not true. In Russia, there was another ritual with ribbons that helped the bride determine which of her bridesmaids would marry next. As a rule, Russian weddings, unlike European ones, are held in economy mode. But initially in Europe there was an idea according to which the bride at the end of the celebration did not throw her bouquet, but a special flower arrangement intended for this purpose.
- Florists often create a light and delicate flower arrangement. It is absolutely not intended for throwing. In the end, flowers may completely crumble during a flight or impact. We should not forget the fact that, as a rule, those girls who really want to get married go fishing. They often catch with such frenzy that they can tear the entire flower arrangement to shreds. It is in such cases that you will need a bouquet of an understudy.
- Many wedding bouquets have special sponges inserted into them. In addition, the bouquet itself may not be easy. Therefore, the idea of throwing it, quite possibly, will be traumatic for you.
- Not all brides want to part with their wedding accessory. Someone says that flowers can preserve for a long time the warmth and love that weddings are filled with. And someone makes a herbarium out of them, being confident that this will bring happy and long days together.
In order for the buds to delight you during the long wedding day, you should take care of them in advance. Frost-resistant plants - tulips, roses, carnations - are recommended to be put in the refrigerator in the vegetable compartment the day before the wedding.
More delicate flowers that cannot tolerate cold should not be subjected to the cold test. Choose a dark, cool, draft-free place for them. They will be preserved best there.
Pour clean water into the vase, preferably rain or filtered water at room temperature. A good help would be either specialized fertilizers for cut flowers, or granulated sugar or aspirin dissolved in water. Before installing in a vase, the stems are cut by 5 cm at an acute angle so that moisture is better absorbed. It is necessary to cut flowers only with a sharp knife or pruning shears; dull scissors will not work at all. They will only pinch the vessels, and the buds will be even worse than before pruning.
Here are some more useful tips from florists:
- Roses, hydrangeas and chrysanthemums have their stems slightly split in front of the vase. This way they absorb moisture better;
- It is recommended to alternately dip the tip of the stem into boiling water and cold water several times for peonies or dahlias - this will help to revive them;
- Never spray water on the delicate petals of lilies, tuberose or daffodils. Unsightly stains may remain.
This video clearly shows how to trim flowers correctly:
Deciding on the type of flowers
When purchasing plants, you should pay attention to the following nuances:
- What style will the wedding be decorated in? For a rural setting, a bouquet of simple wildflowers, which can be purchased in the appropriate stores, is most suitable, but for a formal ceremony it is better to pay attention to expensive and lush bouquets of rare varieties of flowers.
What colors will prevail at the wedding? If the bride does not believe in superstitions, then she can choose the color of the plants based on her own ideas. Typically, designers do not recommend using black – the color of mourning. For example, black roses are only used at themed events that take place in unusual places.
Classically, plant colors mean the following:
- White – innocence;
- Red – love;
- Yellow – wealth;
- Green – vitality;
- Blue – family;
- Blue – loyalty.
What time of year will the wedding take place? If your wedding budget is limited, then it is best to choose so-called “seasonal” flowers. Of course, there is the possibility of delivering a bouquet from Holland, but the price of such a masterpiece will be simply fabulous. It is best to carefully study the flora of your region and understand what flowers bloom during the wedding season. It is pointless to give general recommendations on this point due to the temperature difference depending on the region of Russia.
A lot depends on the specific bouquet and wedding theme.
A rustic, rustic or eco-celebration does not require decoration; it is enough to grab the stems with ordinary twine. Vintage, shabby chic, retro, on the contrary, require the use of rhinestones, feathers, lace, and decorative pendants.
The easiest way to decorate is with greenery. Originally shaped leaves will add freshness and life to the composition.
The design of the legs will allow you to place the necessary accents. It can be wrapped in fabric, ribbons, lace, beads, appliqués.
Seasonal decor is also interesting. So, in winter, pine cones or spruce branches look great in a bouquet, in spring - pussy willows, in summer - ears of corn and dried flowers, and in autumn - berries and fruits.
Luxurious bouquet of peonies and chrysanthemums
This bouquet is ideal for a bride in a modest, not fluffy dress. It includes two bright chrysanthemum flowers, two peonies, a ranunculus (buttercup) flower, a few sprigs of sweet pea, fern leaves, and a few flowering branches of dogwood or orchid.
A huge bouquet of summer flowers will not go well with a fluffy dress in the style of a Disney princess.
- Dogwood or orchid branches will form the basis of the bouquet. We leave their stems longer than the stems of other flowers.
- Gradually we begin to add other flowers to the base, starting with the largest ones - peonies and chrysanthemums, evenly distributing them on different sides of the branch. Then we add smaller components. To add texture to the bouquet, arrange the flowers at different heights. We create volume by adding fern leaves to the back of the bouquet.
- Using scissors, trim the bottom of the stems. We wrap the stem of the bouquet with a thin ribbon. You can make a short version of this bouquet by trimming the stems even further. This will make it convenient to place it in a vase on the wedding table.
Flowers for such a luxurious bouquet will have to be trimmed, but the fire will stay fresh for a long time
Tools and materials
Before you start, prepare everything you need:
- The most important thing you will need is a well-sharpened pruning shears, because trimming the stems is necessary for any composition;
- A porta bouquet will make life easier. The floral sponge in it, of course, adds weight to the accessory, but at the same time retains moisture, which means even the most capricious peonies will not wither;
- You can’t do without durable floral wire. It will hold the leg or lid of the bouquet holder and allow you to give the composition the required shape;
- Decorative elements are no less important - paper, ribbon, fabric, and other decorative elements. You will have to secure them in a variety of ways, so have a stapler, glue and pins ready.
To work you will need:
- 9 large roses of the desired shade;
- 5 branches of spray roses a shade lighter;
- 3 sprigs of white gypsophila;
- floral wire;
- satin ribbon to match the buds;
- pruning shears or sharpened knife;
- transparent rhinestones;
Step-by-step instructions with video
- First, let's prepare the roses - cut off the thorns and all the leaves. Keep in mind that the working surface is 5 cm from the beginning of the bud, then the stem begins;
- We lay out the flowers in a spiral , so that the buds form a circle. Large roses - in the center, then bush roses, and gypsophila along the edges;
- When everything is ready, we tightly tie the stems with floral wire , preferably in several circles in a spiral. We cut off all stems that fall below the specified length with pruning shears;
- Cover the wire with satin ribbon. You can wrap the leg either entirely or only over the wire frame;
- Glue the rhinestones onto the tape in the right places.
A rather simple, but incredibly charming bouquet of fresh flowers is ready!
Another option on how to assemble an original bouquet is in this video:
Classics never go out of fashion, therefore, despite the widespread popularity of original wedding compositions, a bride’s bouquet made from fresh flowers never ceases to be popular. Regardless of the elements used, it emphasizes the natural beauty of the girl, her delicate taste, femininity and youth of soul, as in these photos:
Creating an asymmetrical bouquet
A short and useful video for those who like to experiment and create something special. Asymmetrical bouquets have almost become classics, but still look original and fashionable. Victoria Lavrentyeva’s master class will teach you how to build a frame from “technical” pistachio greens, arrange the main flowers (roses, tulips, limoniums), use packaging cardboard, tracing paper and satin ribbons when packaging and decorating. The master advises beginners to maintain a balance between the technical and sensory sides of the process.
Other satin ribbon flowers
In addition to roses, peonies and hyacinth look gorgeous from ribbons.
DIY ribbon peony
To create a lush bud you will need 3 types of petals of different sizes and approximately 18 such blanks. The cut edge must be burned with a lighter and wait until the petal bends. If you place the petals on top of each other at an angle, sewing them together, you will get a gorgeous peony.
Satin ribbon hyacinth
This flower is best made using the kanzashi technique - the Japanese art of creating fabric jewelry. Hyacinth is made from upside down petals.
- satin ribbon squares,
- manicure tweezers,
- lighter or matches,
- needle and thread.
- Fold the square of fabric in half (at the corners).
- Repeat the first step 2 more times, forming a narrow petal.
- Trim the base of the petal a little.
- Grab the base with tweezers and singe, soldering both edges of the petal.
- Unscrew the petal and repeat the previous steps.
- Tighten the finished petals with a needle and thread and secure firmly.
A delicious original option - bouquets of sweets. Sweets are chosen from one or more types - expensive Ferrero, Raffaello, chocolate to order, mischievous candy.
Paper or real flowers, as well as feathers, birds, and silk ribbons will decorate this delicious accessory.
A sweet bouquet for a wedding differs from a regular gift arrangement. Looking at the skillfully assembled accessory, guests will not immediately realize that the bride is not holding a classic version. Light colors and shine of foil give the set a solemn wedding look.
Sweet bouquet of roses
This bouquet is a solution if the young woman is allergic to plants. For themed weddings, a tasty bunch will become the missing original accent. Sports motifs will be emphasized by several chocolate medals, ideas about animals will be supported by funny toys and sweets in the shape of animals. They order candy wrappers with the names of the newlyweds and the date of the celebration. In summer, caution is required - at temperatures above +25°C the composition will begin to melt. Roses for an edible bouquet are made from corrugated paper:
- Petals of different sizes are cut out, similar to real ones.
- A candy in a wrapper whose color is in harmony with the future flower is attached to a wooden stick with adhesive tape.
- The area under the treat is glued with paper - the cut-out parts are fixed here in a circle. For a beautiful bend, the petals are wound onto a pencil.
- The green ribbon is twisted into the shape of a sepal.
The finished roses are placed on the frame and glued for reliability. They make sure that the unusual flowers sit firmly, do not warp, or fall from sudden movements.
Raffaello - wedding candy. Airy, snow-white, she looks like a tender newlywed. Bouquets with elegant rounds are created using generally accepted technology, but there are a number of features:
- The handle of the base is wrapped with golden ribbons.
- Scotch tape is laid along the equator of the sweet ball and a toothpick is attached; the candy is not pierced. A narrow paper ribbon is tied at the junction.
- Insert delicious decor onto the top from top to bottom, alternating with paper or fresh flowers. Pieces of organza and shiny mesh placed between the rows look cute.
A bouquet of paradise is not tried at a wedding - empty spaces in the composition look sloppy. It is left for the future, for example, to mark the month of marriage. Or they eat a piece of candy a day, prolonging pleasant memories.